Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

Is there an adapter for my American vitamix to use in

Customer Question

Is there an adapter for my American vitamix to use in Ireland
JA: Do you know the model of your Vitamix blender? How old is it?
Customer: Brand new 700 series
JA: How long has this been going on with your Vitamix blender? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried an adapter from England but it was not strong enough and broke my my vitamix is brand new and I cannot use it it has a 2 pin plug !
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No that’s enough I should think !
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 9 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could I confirm what sort of power plug the blender has, Ireland's eletrical setup is identical to the United Kingdom, I assume the mixer has a two-pin, is that right?

Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 8 days ago.

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based on the information you have provided it sounds like you have a query relating to an American Vitamix blender which you are unable to use as the socket is a US Twin adapter. I would suggest one of the options might be to get an adapter which converts into a 3-pin plug that would be compatible to use either in the United Kingdom or Ireland. I understand that you have been able to arrange an alternative adapter which has not worked and this may be purely due to the voltage capacity the plug allows to run through it. If you take a look at the website address I have shared with you, it will redirect you to what you need - https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TLEC13AB.html?source=adwords&ad_position=&ad_id=&placement=&kw=&network=x&matchtype=&ad_type=pla&product_id=TLEC13AB&product_partition_id=&campaign=shopping_excluded&version=finalurl_v3&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1Oz04PKl-QIVzY9oCR2f4g_8EAQYBCABEgJ44fD_BwE

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew