Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Hitachi HT-354 turntable and was wondering if

Hi, I have a Hitachi HT-354 turntable and was wondering if Hitachi offered repairs on their older systems
JA: How long have you had your HT-354?
Customer: about 40 years
JA: What have you tried so far with your Hitachi product?
Customer: it needs a service really as i do not know anything about turntables it does turn on however
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I also have a Hitachi stereo cassette deck, Model no. D-22s. This turns on however it makes a low humming noise and the buttons are stuck.
Hi, welcome to JustAnswer.com. I am Russell, & I will try to give the right answer to your audio devices question.
I'm now typing your answer in <9 minutes.  Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
here are the pictures for the cassette deck

Hitachi turntables of that vintage can be repaired in the UK. However, not by Hitachi: older products of any manufacturer are routinely removed from 'supported' lists for their maker name, after a given term of years.

Hitachi repair for turntables:

https://www.hifirepair.co.uk/turntables

seems to be a prospect.

As for the cassette drive: what you describe could be an internal power supply fault, providing a wrong voltage. That might jam up both the motor and the buttons, just perhaps.

Hitachi repair for cassette tape recorder/players:

https://uk.electronic.partners/services/hifi-repair/recent-hifi-repairs/hitachi-stereo-cassette-tape-deck-d-2330-hitachi-unknown-repair-in-codsall-england/

I hope that this helps! Let me know if you need further help from me on this matter.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi russell, thank you for this information, I have emailed both people.I also have a stereo receiver, Model no. SR-2010L. This is working fine I was just hopping you could tell me how these three systems work together and what cables I need to buy to make then usable nowadays to also include my phone into the setup.

That will take extra time.  Please give me at least an hour to find that information, though it may be forthcoming much sooner.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
no worries, take your time

The Marantz stereo receiver needs an FM antenna. It will need bare wires to connect to the terminals.

The Hitachi HT-354 turntable, if it does not have the 'phono' cables to attach to the stereo, will need those cables.

As for the cassette player: it will need cables to connect to the Tape Monitor In ports on the stereo, and/or to the Tape 2 AUX ports on the stereo. Those cables seem to be RCA type cables. Those are commonly available and have colored ends (usually Red and White, and perhaps Yellow.)

Additional:  here's a manual for the Marantz, with cable diagrams to some extent:

https://www.audioservicemanuals.com/m/marantz/marantz-sr/460194-marantz-sr-2010-l-owners-manual

Thanks!