How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. K. Your Own Question
Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 4877
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. K. is online now

I have an itchy armpit

Customer Question

I have an itchy armpit
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA.

An itchy armpit is often intertrigo which is a fungal infection. This is also called intertrigo.

This should be treated with an antifungal. A product used for athletes foot can be used in this area. Sprays are convenient and dry well. One brand is Tinactin. The active ingredient is tolnaftate. You can also use Lotrimin cream or spray. The active ingredient is clotrimazole. The brand name may be different in the UK.

I hope this information is helpful to you.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Hello Douglas, do you have any followup questions?