How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 19336
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

I have a large red, fluid filled lump on my neck. It is sore

Customer Question

I have a large red, fluid filled lump on my neck. It is sore and itchy and when I scratch it, it bleeds a lot. Whay is it and how do I get it removed quickly? Thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
It will help if you could provide some further information:
When you say it is fluid filled, is it filled with blood?
Or is it filled with clear fluid?
Or can it not be determined what type of fluid is present?

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
I had asked for further information, but have not heard back.

If this is a lump that is filled with blood, it is most likely a vascular malformation, an abnormal growth of blood vessels. If it is a different type of fluid, it would most likely be a type of cyst.

Removal would require surgery, although if you are asking how it can be done more quickly than waiting for the NHS, it would be necessary to pursue a consultation with a private physician. There is an online resource to assist you in finding a private physician close to you at

If you have any further questions, please let me know.