How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 48786
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I have a red rash or discolouration-with clear boundaries-

Customer Question

I have a red rash or discolouration-with clear boundaries- on the upper penis area. What could this be?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This is Dr. David

this red rash could be a fungal infection or dermatitis or bacterial infection.

can you upload a photo of the rash?

you might benefit from trying an antifungal cream like clotrimazole. or a steroid cream or antibiacterial cream like mupirocin.

here are instructions to upload a photo of the rash.

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox next to the paper clip

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file to upload