How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

i have what look like blisters on my penis. quite painful and

Customer Question

i have what look like blisters on my penis. quite painful and itchy. cannot be a sexually transmitted infection, as i have not had sex for a few months.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.

I am Dr. Thomas, double board certified physician with over 20 years of clinical experience. I will help you with your question and any follow up questions you have.

It can still be herpes.
This can lie dormant and show up at any time after exposure, even years.

You need to have the blisters swabbed by the doctor for the lab.

Blisters can also occur from allergic reaction, and from staph infection.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions.
Please do not forget a positive rating.