How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dermdoc19 Your Own Question
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 2779
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
dermdoc19 is online now

I have red, patchy, itchy, bumpy skin around my nose & chin

Customer Question

I have red, patchy, itchy, bumpy skin around my nose & chin area only (has also been pimply in the past). I do also think that I have rosacea on my cheek area and was wondering what sort of treatment would be best or if they may be related.
I was treated by a dermatologist many years ago for aggravated dermatitis and would love to find a solution/remedy for my skin condition/s.
Could you please help?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hello Margot,

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you,

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Can you attach a picture?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Hi Shantal/Dr Thomas


Thanks for your reply - I think I might cancel this question as I probably should really go to a Doctor and get a referral to see a dermatologist in person as I understand how complex skin conditions can be and probably need to be looked at and tested to get a proper diagnosis.


Kind regards


Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
I can give you direction if needed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Hi Dr Thomas

Do I still have to pay the $22 for not really getting an answer/diagnosis as I do live in Australia and I know that here we have to go and see a GP to get a referral for any specialist.




Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
We answer questions, and my understanding is that you are wondering what this is. I asked if you can attach a picture.
I am paid by ja when you rate positive