How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dermdoc19 Your Own Question
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 2779
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
dermdoc19 is online now

I am not sure what is affecting my skin, so how can I treat

Customer Question

I am not sure what is affecting my skin, so how can I treat the redness of areas as they are so dry and painful just like I have burnt them. I really don't know what products to use on my hair, face and body anymore. Can you suggest any products without perfume etc?

Any help would be much appreciated.


Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hello Mary,

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you,

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hello Mary,


I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?


Thank you for your patience,



Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having such redness of the skin.

you could have psoriasis or the skin or eczema

you need to consult with a dermatologist to get your scalp evaluated. you might need prescription steroid shampoos and screams for your scalp to help calm down psoriasis.

have you consulted a dermatologist yet?

can you upload a photo of your red irritated skin?

here are instructions

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer