How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

Hi, pls am 26yrs old and I have itchy rash and discharge on

Customer Question

Hi, pls am 26yrs old and I have itchy rash and discharge on my vagina.I noticed it few days after an unprotected sex. Pls what drugs should I take. Pls am the shy type and I find it difficult to say my problem to a doctor
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you,

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.



You have to go to a doctor. If this is an STD, you need prescription antibiotics. If it is yeast, you can use over the counter medicine.


But you have to find out.


For example, garnerella needs flagyl.


Chlamydia or gonorrhea need the correct anti bacterial.


2 grams of azithromycin will cover both...but you have to know with testing.


At age 26 you should have been getting pap smears to screen for cervical dysplasia and this is over due.