Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

I have 2 tiny little circles slightly under 0.5cm to the side

I have 2 tiny little circles slightly under 0.5cm to the side of my nose about 2-3 cm under my eye. They are like 2 little craters and I thought they had just appeared but I have checked back and they have been around for at least 2-3 years but its hard to say if they have been around longer due to the deficiency of earlier cameras !

They are tight next to each other and I can supply photos if it helps.

A
Hello A,

Hi--the photos would help greatly if you could post them on this page
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the photo Just to check--these have been there for quite some time and have never changed in size?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's hard to say - I looked at various photos - I found one from 2 years ago and they are there - more or less the same but perhaps the spot in middle is more defined as a hole now - but it's really difficult to say

I also have photos from 4 years ago where they are there but don't look as prominent - but this could be camera technology

Any photo longer than 4 years ago I can't see them - but I am not sure if it's technology rather than there absence

Andy
Andy--these look like molluscum contagiosa--a kind of viral wart but not the same as the warts one gets on the fingers. Nothing serious and entirely benign. Usually they only stick around for a month or two. If they're bothersome to you the best thing to do is for you to see a dermatologist for either freezing or cauterizing them or he can unroof them with a special instrument. None of these procedures would leave a scar of any kind
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience: Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok

Do I need to do anything ?

Can they spread ?

You know I think my youngest son has these a few years back - his were all over his legs and body and much redder

Andy
They can come and go and spread but if these are the only two you have and they've been like that for so long I doubt you'll ever get any more Andy. For now there's nothing you have to do to them
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok thank you for your time :)
My pleasure Andy--call on me anytime