How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dermdoc19 Your Own Question
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 2779
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
dermdoc19 is online now

For the past 2 years I have been suffering from cracks in my

Customer Question

For the past 2 years I have been suffering from cracks in my thumbs and a finger. I treat it with Haelan cream and or tape and also use hydromol ointment. I have had patches on my back which did not show any allergy. I do not use conventional soaps but mainly dermol soap substitutes. The cracks are extremely painful and I find it hard to do everyday things involving my thumbs. Recently one of my little fingers has signs of the same problem and also the palm of my left hand.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Thank you,

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--could you post a photo on this page?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Finding it difficult to send pictures

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Try posting them on Snapfish, Photobucket or Imageshack and giving me the link
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will you please send toi me your email address so that I can send you some photos. I am not using any of the suggested sites. If you cannot send to me your address then we had better call it a day

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Sorry but we can't do personal emails here--the only was is like you did before by sending them to [email protected] and they can forward them to me, but you'll have to be patient since that can take some time. If you do, I'll get back here as soon as I get them