How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 48823
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

Dear Sir, I have a penile skin eruption of some 2 years. I

Customer Question

Dear Sir,
I have a penile skin eruption of some 2 years.
I am 67 a doctor myself and had hx of NSU but this is history as i have always been clear on imminunology &culture tests.I live in the London
I have suffered in 1989 a sever drug eruption effecting my glans penus but that had resolved altogether leaving me with just sensitive area around the glans.
Currently i have Moderate degree of discomfort around the peri meatus&also noted 2 small patches on the glans penus of skin softening.
Specialists in the UK had diffrent DDX of Lichen Sclerosis ,chronic skin condition ,prostatitis&dermatitis.I am not keen on biopsy
I am looking for a specialist in the USA that specialising in the Penile skin Conditions that i can travel to or do you think that this is more of Genito Urinary domain?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--can I first ask what medications have you tried for this problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
This is Dr. David

the penis skin is more af a GU domain or the domaine of the urologist

I would go to John's Hopkins and consult with urolgoist there.

or you can go to Boston and Dana Farber or Mass General Urology to see specialist there.

but most likely the doctors there will want to have a biopsy of the penile skin to help get a diagnosis for you and to help guide treatment recommendations.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Iwill be in toronto in late may.

Cn you suggest a specialist there?



Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
university of Toronto Urology department has a huge department which staffs all the major hosopitals in Toronto

I would consult with urologist at either Princess Margaret or Sunnybrook Hospitals in Toronto. I'm sure they will be able to find a specialist there to examine you and evaluate your skin.

but again, most likely they will want a biopsy of the skin

good luck

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using