How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 35493
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I am female, 65 years of age and have a series of persistent

Customer Question

I am female, 65 years of age and have a series of persistent white spots on my forehead that a beautician cannot squeeze or remove - they've tried. Can a dermatologist help? If so what is the treatment? Can I do something to help myself?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--it would help greatly if you could post a photo on this page but if you can't are these completely flat or more like little bumps?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they are whiteheads as opposed to blackheads so they are bumps and highly visible

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK, These are called milia and yes, a dermatologist can either try a chemical peel, tretinoin cream or laser resurfacing to get rid of these. All you have to do is get the proper referral You can try over the counter tretinoin cream but you may need the more potent prescription cream