dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology

Iv been off roaccutane for a year and 4 months and i still

Customer Question

Iv been off roaccutane for a year and 4 months and i still have these red marks all over my cheeks
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 3 years ago.

These answers are for informational purposes and do not replace a physician head-to-head visit. A patient-physician relationship is not established.

Is it possible to forward a photograph of the red marks.

Customer :
Customer :

Thank you for the pictures. In my opinion, the red marks which are elevated can be treated with injections of weak cortisone ( 2.5 mg./cc of Kennalog). The flat red ones can be treated with a pulsed dye laser. I do not beoieve the among of scar involvement merits procedures such as a Fraxel of CO2 Pulsed laser.

I would be happy to entertain further comment and answer further questions.

Customer : Where can i get this injection done, and what about a skin peel will that also help?

While there are some dermatologists who specialize in scar repair. most dermatologists can do those injections. A chemical peel will do the same thing essentially as a laser or Frxel treatment, just with a chemical and not light. This is a possibility too, but you should be sure to see someone with a high level of competence since this can be difficult. Not done properly, it can leave scarring.