How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dermdoc19 Your Own Question
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 4124
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
dermdoc19 is online now

Iv been off roaccutane for a year and 4 months and i still

Customer Question

Iv been off roaccutane for a year and 4 months and i still have these red marks all over my cheeks
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 3 years ago.

These answers are for informational purposes and do not replace a physician head-to-head visit. A patient-physician relationship is not established.




Is it possible to forward a photograph of the red marks.

Customer :
Customer :

Thank you for the pictures. In my opinion, the red marks which are elevated can be treated with injections of weak cortisone ( 2.5 mg./cc of Kennalog). The flat red ones can be treated with a pulsed dye laser. I do not beoieve the among of scar involvement merits procedures such as a Fraxel of CO2 Pulsed laser.


I would be happy to entertain further comment and answer further questions.

Customer : Where can i get this injection done, and what about a skin peel will that also help?

While there are some dermatologists who specialize in scar repair. most dermatologists can do those injections. A chemical peel will do the same thing essentially as a laser or Frxel treatment, just with a chemical and not light. This is a possibility too, but you should be sure to see someone with a high level of competence since this can be difficult. Not done properly, it can leave scarring.