dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology

, I am 20 years old and have been struggling with acne

Customer Question

Hi, I am 20 years old and have been struggling with acne since I was a teenager. I have very oily skin and I am a ballet dancer so sweat a lot. I eat healthily and have got to the point where I just don't know what to do to get rid of my spots! My skin will be fine for a few days (just the odd spot which I can deal with) and then awful for a few. My spots are mostly whiteheads on my cheeks. I rarely get them on my chin and forehead and there are blackheads on my nose. Could you recommend any products that I could try? I've been looking into skincare but just don't know which is best for my skin. Your help will be much appreciated!! Victoria
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 3 years ago.

These answers are for informational purposes and do not replace a physician head-to-head visit. A patient-physician relationship is not established.

Is it possible to forward a photograph? If you would like for me to attempt an answer without a photograph, please let me know.

JACUSTOMER-es4ik9qr- : Hi yes here are some photos. They have been a group of larger spots on one of my cheeks which you can see and they are all starting to clear up a little now.
JACUSTOMER-es4ik9qr- : I don't know how to send photos through this chat

You can send photos by clicking on the paper clip icon and uploading. This does not work with Google Chrome or Safari. You can then either use a photosharing site such as Picasa or photobucket, or you a can send the pictures via an email to***@******.***

Looking forward to helping yuo.