How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dermdoc19 Your Own Question
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 2779
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
dermdoc19 is online now

I've had a skin lesion on my thigh a while,

Customer Question

Hi :) I've had a skin lesion on my thigh for quite a while, five years I'd say. It started out quite distinct, a little raised, roundish and slightly red. It's since turned to just-off skin colour, a bit more pink and yellow.
Looking online, and having seen a doctor twice before who just said it was nothing to worry about, I believe it looks like a flat wart. From this website it seems to be the most similar:
The skin around the area, i'd say up to 3 or 4 inches above and below, feels slightly rougher and more taut. That area of skin often feels tingly or numb and when I exercise and stretch the skin it can have quite a painful burning sensation.
Could you please let me know if it sounds like a flat wart? I would also appreciate it if you could advise on treatment. I'm happy to treat it at home using some of the remedies I've seen online (topical retinoides (retinoic acid) or a gel containing salicylic acid) but would like advice on which treatment would be best. I have sensitive skin and with the skin symptoms around wart I mentioned above I feel the gel sounds like the best option.
Many thanks for your kind help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Ben,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
it could be a seborrheic wart
there are many pictures on this website.
I'm not sure which one you mean.
can you upload a photo of it here
here are instructions
type a word in the textbox and highlight it
then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg
this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer