How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dermdoc19 Your Own Question
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 2779
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
dermdoc19 is online now

Doctor,Please I Have had this terrible acne on my face

Customer Question

Doctor, Please I Have had this terrible acne on my face for a while now, I tried all sorts, like obagi, taking a lot of water, tea tree oil, etc Nothing seems to be working for me! Please kindly recommend me something to use to sort this problem out. Thanks

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having such bad acne problems

severe acne is best treated by a dermatologist or your GP doctor with prescription medications such as

tretinoin topical or clindamycin topical or benzoyl peroxide topical or systemic isotrentinoin or or a combination of all of these

do you have a GP doctor you can see who can assess your acne and prescribe stronger treatmetns for you?