How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 35589
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

Penile Spots

This answer was rated:

Hi there. Yesterday I noticed a couple of small adjacent spots at the bottom of my penis on the underside. I tried squeezing them this morning but only blood came out, hence why they appear a little redder than usual. They are round with a shiny white top. I haven't had sex for five months, and haven't had unprotected sex for over two years (with long-term girlfriend). I trimmed my pubic hair with clippers a couple of days ago but not sure if it's connected. Should I be concerned, and how can I make them go away?

Apologies for the gruesome photo!


This looks like folliculitis--hair shaft infection and no STD

The Savlon should take care of this in a few more days but if not see your doctor for mupirocin cream
Dr. Chip and other Dermatology Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. Am I okay to use a standard shower gel when showering?

No problem at all with that Adam