How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 36133
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I have skin coloured bumps on the shaft of my penis. They

This answer was rated:

I have skin coloured bumps on the shaft of my penis. They are painless and the main cluster is at the bottom of the shaft near the pubic area. My doctor has said he does not think they are warts however he wasn't sure what they actually are. I would like
a second opinion please. I would also like to know if treatment is recommended or whether they are best left alone - if they will go away eventually etc. Thanks
Hi and sorry for the delay
These look like molluscum contagiosa--caused by a virus but not the HPV virus that causes veneral warts
Usually these go away on their own but there are two treatment options--
Tretinoin cream
Cryotherapy with liquid nitrogen
They don't have to be treated but if you'd like that you'd need to see a dermatologist
Let me know if you need any more information please
Dr. Chip and other Dermatology Specialists are ready to help you