How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

I am a 26 year old male and I have large dry flakey skin on

Customer Question

I am a 26 year old male and I have large dry flakey skin on my penis the also is red and itches (when the flakes come off the red area is shiny but a day or two later will become dry and flakey again). Sometimes cracks appear and become scabs too. I have had this problem for 8 months now and have seen a gp several times. When I use a daktacort ointment cream the problem disappears but as soon as a stop using the cream the problem returns within a few days. This is destroying my life. Do you know what this is and what I can do to cure/treat this without relying on ointment? What is this that I have? And Will It go away?
Other potential symptoms that me be to do with this?...
- it tends to get warm and moist down there sometimes.
- sometimes get a moist itchy anus.
- I have strong smelling urine most of the time
- it can get moist and itchy under the foreskin.
- scrotum also itches a lot and had recently developed scabs.
- I have suffered all my life with a dry flakey scalp, I also get dry skin around my nose and int ears.
Please help! Thanks!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
HelloPlease attach a picture
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here are two pictures taken at different times.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
If this started as blisters, herpes has to be ruled out.
It can also be eczema.
Fungal infection.
Have a doctor swab this for the lab.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.