How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 35539
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I am 29 years old and get really bad, sore spots on my

Customer Question

Hi, I am 29 years old and get really bad, sore spots on my chin and lower part of my face. They are very red and sore. What is the best thing to do to treat them? I always take my make up off at night and cleanse and tone my face but this does not seem
to help! I am 3 months pregnant but used to get them before I was pregnant. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi and sorry for the delay. This sounds like rosacea and you need presciption cleocin cream or ointment to treat it. Your doctor might also consider oral doxycycline antibiotic