How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 49209
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

What would cause lumps to appear outside and inside vagina

Customer Question

What would cause lumps to appear outside and inside vagina (clusters on wall). I am having a difficult time - I have been to GP/gyno/gum and they all said that the lumps have probably always been there. I am adamant they haven't and they keep getting worse
and worse. They are not rugae as they are distinct indivdual lumps rather than folds. I am sure they are warts - any other ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

they could be molloscum contagiosum water warts if they look like little water filled warts.

molloscum contagiosum is caused by a virus and is very easily spread through skin contract and sexual contact.

this is not a dangerous virus and does not stay with you for your whole life.

usually they last for 6-12 months and usually go away on their own

your immune system can clear them out from your system

ask your doctor if they are molloscum contagiosum.

let me know if you have questions.