How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 48724
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I have severe eczema on my hands and arms and is risking my

Customer Question

I have severe eczema on my hands and arms and is risking my job, I have discoid and atopic eczema and have been prescribed betamethasone/valerate 0.1% cream and oilatum which neither has helped its now spreading to my neck legs and feet, I just want to see if there is anything I can do before I look at changing my caree. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
you need to consult with an allergy and immunology specialist
you might benefit from a systemic antihistamine or steroid treatment to decrease your eczema
there are over the counter antihistamines such as Allegra (fexofenadine), or Zyrtec (cetirizine) or Claritin (loratadine) or Xyzal (levocetirizine) which could help decrease your eczema.
you should get blood tests to check for autoimmmune conditions.
you might benefit from skin allergy testing to see if there is something you are allergic to.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
Thanks for using