How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

2.5 months I have had an itchy anus which comes

Customer Question

For around 2.5 months I have had an itchy anus which comes and goes. Every few days it will suddenly feel wet and itchy and there is an itchy discharge. I'm not sure if the discharge is from my anus or cheeks but the cheeks are sore. Also now when I go to toilet it feels like glass and really hurts with a small amount of blood but this I think is coming from the anus opening and caused because of the feces and the pain stops ones my anus has opened to the size of the feces. Also probably one a week I get a very sore penis head which is red and has white discharge. More recently I have also inbetween my legs been getting very red and sore which is also wet. I have been trying to avoid the doctors and seem to be able to keep it under control by using some fucidin cream we have left over in the cupboard. This seems to clear up and keep under control the redness and soreness but doesn't stop the glass feeling and blood from the anus which seems this isn't healing. I am thinking the issue may now be thrush which is getting worse but not sure. I really don't want to go to the doctor about this.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
HelloWe do NOT replace a doctors visit.We to not treat here or diagnose.We answer medical questions only.This sounds like a fissure or hemorrhoids, complicated by fungal infection.You will need an exam, and you will need a swab to identify the fungus for correct treatment.Anything else or any other advice would not be correct or ethical.I am assuming your question is, what could this be.I have given you the likely possibilities. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.