How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wieyedoc Your Own Question
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 11887
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
wieyedoc is online now

I'm a 55 year old man that still gets acne, i take Lymecycline

Customer Question

I'm a 55 year old man that still gets acne, i take Lymecycline as recommended by my doctor. Would visiting a dermatologist be able to help me any more? as i think the Lymecycline only seems to work part of the time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.Yes. A visit to a dermatologist is probably the best thing you can do. I'd jot down some notes about your history with your acne, what you have tried in the past and any other thoughts you might have so that you can share these data with the dermatologist.She may want to do some special tests such as a skin scraping or perhaps even a full thickness biopsy.Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS