How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 8808
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now

How to heal a recurring small blemish which looks like a

This answer was rated:

How to heal a recurring small blemish which looks like a blood blister?

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Can you please attach a picture here for me to have a look at.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a photo as you requested.

Have you applied anything on it as yet like a topical antibiotic?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only petroleum jelly.

I think that applying over the counter topical antibiotic creams that contain chlorhexidine will help cure this.

If symptoms persist I would recommend seeing your GP to get a stronger prescription topical antibiotic and to have this assessed further.

A referral to a skin doctor may be required if it persists beyond another week.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.

Kindest regards

Dr. SH and other Dermatology Specialists are ready to help you