How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dermdoc19 Your Own Question
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 2779
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
dermdoc19 is online now

I have regular breakouts on my face sometimes with red large

Customer Question

I have regular breakouts on my face sometimes with red large boils on my cheeks. I don't have breakouts anywhere else on my body and my face isn't covered in spots. My face is never smooth. I was told if I went to a dermatologist they could test my skin to see if I'm allergic to any of the products I use on my face?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for asking your question.

Do you have any itching with the boils? Is it possible to forward a photograph?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not large boils as such. It's more of a regular breakout and I'm a dancer and I'm not sure if it could be the products I'm using in my face I wondered if I was allergic to some products and want to know if I should be tested
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the picture. This appears to be much more consistent with acne than an allergy to products. Of course, some products can plug up pores and be comedogenic. Which products are you using? Would you like over the counter advise or prescription advice?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you send me advice on what to use over the counter and maybe something I could ask my doctor for please