How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 48823
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

Diagnosed with basal cell cancer (on forehead). Had some

Customer Question

Diagnosed with basal cell cancer (on forehead). Had some previously removed a number of years ago.
Biopsy carried out in January of this year but must wait until February of next year to be seen by a plastic surgeon.
Would it be advisable to ask for a private referral?
Sore of forehead is getting bigger.
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

yes, you should ask for a private referral to a plastic surgeon

also you can also ask for a private referral to a radiation oncology doctor

superficial skin radiation can cure basal cell cancers of the forehead in 15-20 daily radiation treatments without surgery and without the need for a skin graft.

I think the cosmetic results from radiation are better than surgery

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using