How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 19320
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

I have a rash come up on both my hips. It started on the

Customer Question

Hi I have a rash come up on both my hips. It started on the left side as a bruise looking mark about 1 inch in size and oval shape, now it seems to have appeared as a rash. I have pictures if it can help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Love.

Could you attach pictures of the rash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Sir I am very disappointed with this service as it has taken you more than 24 hours to reply and you are asking if I have found the answer yet for which you charged me for. No I do not have the answer.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the delay, but the moderator that asked if you had found the answer also asked other experts to assist you and I asked if you could attach a picture of the rash.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pictures have been attached.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

No pictures have come through the system. Did you use the icon on the toolbar that looks like a paper clip?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached them via the telephone that says add files, I have added them again
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

The pictures came through this time.

This does look like there is blood collecting under the skin along with a rash. The most common reason for this in this location is a fungal infection of the skin which is then scratched or rubbed to cause the blood collection under the skin. Even if you are not scratching or rubbing the area while awake, you may be doing so while asleep.

A definitive diagnosis can be done by your doctor scraping the skin and performing a microscopic examination. However, another option that you can do at home would be a trial of an ove the counter antifungal medicine, such as clotrimazole.