How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 19320
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

Is there an option to send photos of a rash I have? I'm

Customer Question

Is there an option to send photos of a rash I have? I'm going crazy!!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Yes, you can attach a picture of the rash using the icon on the toolbar that looks like a paper clip.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

The system says that you have requested a phone call. I would be glad to do so, but it would be better to be able to review a picture of the rash before discussing it by phone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry that was in error. Hopefully photos have been added now
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

This looks like urticaria, also called hives.

Urticaria can occur as an acute or a chronic problem. If it is limited tot he skin, then it would be fine to try to manage this at home. Oral antihistamines would be the usual first-line treatment, and any of the over the counter antihistamines would be fine. Steroids also can be used, but the only over the counter option is a mild steroid cream, hydrocortisone. It would be fine to try the over the counter hydrocortisone, but it is not as practical when the rash is widespread, and oral steroids is frequently more effective.

Some people can have systemic symptoms along with the skin manifestations, including swelling of the lips or mouth or spasm of the airways and shortness of breath. If there are any of these symptoms, then it would be better to see your doctor quickly for more aggressive treatment.

If Ic an provide any additional information, please let me know.