How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wieyedoc Your Own Question
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 11872
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
wieyedoc is online now

I have itchy, scaley skin on my scrotum. I've tried

Customer Question

I have itchy, scaley skin on my scrotum. I've tried moisturisers, HC45, hydrocortisone, terabinafine hydrochloride, sudocrem and epidermis cream and had limited success but nothing has ever completely cleared it up. Can you suggest anything?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still looking for an answer
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How long has this been going on?

Do you have any other symptoms?

can you upload a picture?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning,I've had this problem for at least 3 years now.I have attached pictures of both sides of my scrotal sack.I currently have no other symptoms and the condition is not present anywhere else on my body. I previously had a fungal nail infection across almost all of my toenails and also the thumb nail on my right hand. This was successfully treated with an oral medication that I do not recall the name of. The medication had no effect on the scrotal condition which was ongoing at that time also. The nail infection had gone untreated for a number of years and existed prior to the scrotal skin condition.I have also been treated for depression over the last 2 years but in the last 3/4 months I have stopped taking citalopram. The condition existed before that medication and did not change while I was treated.I take lamsoprazol for acid reflux, I previously took omeprazol but this changed while I was being treated for depression due to an interaction with the drugs.The only other medication I currently take is a very infrequent 40mg of propranolol for occasional anxiety attacks.I have an average lifestyle. Im not a gym enthusiast but do try to stay active. I walk around 3 miles most days and play golf at weekends. I'm 5ft 11 and currently weigh around 13.5 stone, which is about the heaviest I've been. My diet is good, mostly fresh cooked and home made meals. I shower and wash thoroughly every day. So I don't believe this is a diet/lifestyle or hygiene problem.I have never seen a doctor about the condition. I am far too embarrassed to do so.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that additional information and pictures.

That could be from many causes. The fact that it has been going on for so long is not a good thing.

So. What should you do?

You, really, need to see a dermatologist. After he examines you a biopsy may be necessary.

No need to be is skin to a dermatologist, no matter what it is covering.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS