How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 29282
Experience:  MD
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

I have a swollen eyelid in the corner. There seems to be a

This answer was rated:

I have a swollen eyelid in the corner. There seems to be a developing lump that is sore. I could send an image. The eye has been sore all day but because my 73 year old eyelids are droopy, I have only just looked closely. I can send an image if I can find out how to.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Please upload the image if possible.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Here is image

Thanks for the picture.
This is due to the bacterial infection of the upper eye lid gland.

This is also known as hordeolum externum or stye.
However, given profound redness of the upper eye lid margin, the infection is likely spreading.

He will need topical antibiotic ointment like Erythromycin Op ointment to be apled 6 times daily for 5 days.
Please take him to the local hospital without any delay.

Dr Basu and other Dermatology Specialists are ready to help you