How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 49770
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I have had eczema all my life. 64 years and it has gone

Customer Question

I have had eczema all my life. 64 years and it has gone through different stages.
At the moment it is very cracked and I have just finished a course off antibiotics. Clarithromicin as my hands were full of hacks and poison.
I use Cetrban and Aveeno but my skin does not always tolerate either.
I am using Elocon (Mometasone Furoate) but nothing seems to be working.
I am at the stage where I could scream.
Rash on my legs, back and neck.
But my hands are the worst as they are cracked and bleedjng but really itchy as well.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry you have these issues with your skin

this sounds like more than just eczema

you may have psoriasis.

you need to talk to your GP doctor about the possibility of psoriasis.

you need to ask to see a dermatology expert doctor in the UK

you may need stronger prescription steroid creams for your skin to help suppress the psoriasis.

there are also IV systemic treatment for psoriasis which could help

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will contact my GP tomorrow but I am going to make arrangements to see a Dermatologist privately as there is a long waiting time if I am referred to the hospital by my GP.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

I see.

yes, seeing a dermatologist privately can help

you may need a skin biopsy to evaluate for possible psoriasis.

I hope you get some help with your skin

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
Thanks for using