dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I would like an opinion on some jpeg pictures showing my

Customer Question

I would like an opinion on some jpeg pictures showing my skin complaint. Is that possible?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 7 months ago.

Hello John! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please attach the images here

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I went to my local GP and he prescribed Permethrin for possible scabies. Three careful whole-body treatments have afforded some slight relief but the condition is not cured. Where I have scratched my skin small lesions have formed. I have viewed about 30 to these and in every case the lesion or scab contains thread-like tendrils. These are very fine, about 20 microns in diameter, much smaller than a hair. The two shots labelled scab1 and 2 are from little flakes that have come from scratching my skin. Skin 5 and 6 are live skin shots. I have plenty more pictures should they help.. Can you please identify them. Thanks

You can send the pics

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I forgot to add - these are of course microscope photographs

okay

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Dr Ehtisham. Did you reach a conclusion? Since I contacted you I have been searching the internet for an answer. It seems that a lot of people have these symptoms and they are calling it Morgellons disease. The information about it seems very sketchy with no suggestion of a treatment. Can you suggest any steps that I might take to get a firm diagnosis?
I've added a picture from Scientific American of Morgellons disease and a microscope picture live from my arm for comparison.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
To help make more sense of the slides I have captured a calibration line. It is 0.03mm wide.