wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I am looking for some help with a rash my daughter has got

Customer Question

Good Morning
I am looking for some help with a rash my daughter has got for 3 weeks almost.. been to NHs walk in and doctors.. had steroid crème and antibiotics and seems worse
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The rash is all over except face.. painful and itchy
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 months ago.

How old is your daughter?

Does your daughter have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
she is 27 years old... no medical conditions at all... nothing previous with rash or anything.. it just appeared almost 3 weeks ago the hospital prescribed steroid cream at first and id did nothing then she was given 7 days antibiotics that did nothing now she has 2% dandruff shampoo as body wash which GP prescribed but nothing - just seems to be getting worse.... pain areas chest back and neck.. nothing on face.. also had antihistamines...
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

Is it possible to upload some clear pictures of the rash?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I already uploaded 2 pictures
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
are you to see the pictures
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 months ago.

Yes. Now I am able to see the pictures.

There are many kinds of rashes that look like that in pictures.

Since her NHS and walk in doctors have no idea of what is going on I think your daughter is going to have to see a true expert: A dermatologist.

After examining your daughter the dermatologist may want to do some blood tests and possibly a skin scraping or a full thickness biopsy.

It is obvious that just throwing steroids and antibiotics at this issue without getting a correct diagnosis first just isn't going to work.

And, unfortunately, this is not something that can be diagnosed online by just a short history and a few pictures.

So. What is the take home message?

Get your daughter into see a dermatologist even if this means going to a private doctor outside of the NHS.

Does this make sense to you?

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS