DR.Das.MD
DR.Das.MD, MD
Experience:  More than 20 years experience in managing medical problems
3452947

I have the feeling my skin is crawling and itchy it's

Customer Question

I have the feeling my skin is crawling and itchy it's driving me mad, I have tried allergy tablets they are not helping?any suggestions please.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DR.Das.MD replied 14 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question.

The sensation of the skin crawling and itching is an indication of the nerves of the skin getting irritated. This can occur due to excessive dry skin, or due to conditions like diabetes or other neurological conditions.

Please apply a good moisturizer all over the skin. You can also apply a Calamine lotion, available without a prescription at any store. Calamine has a mild soothing action which will helo with the itching.

Please consult a doctor for an examination.

I hope this helped.
Let me know if you need more information.
If not, please click on a positive rating ( 5 stars) to leave feedback.