DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have had a light on the bridge of my nose for a number of

Customer Question

I have had a light brown mark on the bridge of my nose for a number of years. A few days ago part of it turned red to resemble a graze. I have fair skin and wonder if this could be sun damage. Would it be advisable to see a private dermatologist rather than waiting for a NHS appointment ?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 3 months ago.

Hello Susan! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please attach a picture of the rash?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is not a rash, it is more like a small graze about one eighth of an inch in diameter, now dark red in colour, like a healing wound.

Can you please attach a picture?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
not really able to take pictures

Thanks for the information

I would suggest that you do see the dermatologist

It could be an non-healing or infected wound

As I am unable to examine you so to tell you exactly the urgency to go about it is impossible

But I would suggest that you should see the dermatologist through NHS as it will be covered under insurance and you will be able to get investigations as well

The only important thing to see is that whether or not your skin lesion require a biopsy

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Please do let me know if you have any other question

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating