How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wieyedoc Your Own Question
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 12725
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
wieyedoc is online now

I have a small round sore on my forehead that comes and goes

Customer Question

I have a small round sore on my forehead that comes and goes periodically. Looks pale in the middle and red at the edges. Feels a bit sensitive but doesn’t hurt. I wonder if it’s eczema? I’m 47 years old and have never suffered from it, and don’t have it anywhere else...
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here’s a picture.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 10 months ago.

How long has this been present?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
About six months. No other medical issues. I’m epileptic, and take sodium valproate (have done for about 5 years).
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

That does not look like a skin cancer nor does it look like eczema or any sort of infection.

It looks more like an area of irritation or skin trauma

So. What should you do?

About the only way you are going to get to the bottom of what is going on with the lesion is to have a dermatologist examine you in person. She may also want to do specialized testing such as a skin scraping or maybe even a full thickness biopsy.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS