wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have a small round sore on my forehead that comes and goes

Customer Question

I have a small round sore on my forehead that comes and goes periodically. Looks pale in the middle and red at the edges. Feels a bit sensitive but doesn’t hurt. I wonder if it’s eczema? I’m 47 years old and have never suffered from it, and don’t have it anywhere else...
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Here’s a picture.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 10 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 10 days ago.

How long has this been present?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
About six months. No other medical issues. I’m epileptic, and take sodium valproate (have done for about 5 years).
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

That does not look like a skin cancer nor does it look like eczema or any sort of infection.

It looks more like an area of irritation or skin trauma

So. What should you do?

About the only way you are going to get to the bottom of what is going on with the lesion is to have a dermatologist examine you in person. She may also want to do specialized testing such as a skin scraping or maybe even a full thickness biopsy.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS