How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wieyedoc Your Own Question
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 12524
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
wieyedoc is online now

I get bumps on my nose with clear liquid coming out. They

Customer Question

I get bumps on my nose with clear liquid coming out. They are also sore. What are they abandon how should I treat them?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

how long have they been present?

Are they anywhere else on your body?

What have you done to try and treat them?

How old are you?'

Can you upload a clear, in focus, close up picture or two?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It’s been happening for a few months. The current one has been there 5 days. I have not done anything to treat them. I don’t have them anywhere else. I am 50. I have no other medical problems.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for that additional information and picture

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

It sounds like what you are suffering from is something called an eccrine hidrocystoma. This is a fancy name for, basically, a plugged up sweat gland.

These can occur in many places on your body but are more common on the face.

If "popped" they tend to come back....

So. What can you do?

The best course of action is to consult with a dermatologist so you can get a definitive diagnosis. Treatment may consist of prescription strength medication and/or excision.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS