I can see what you are talking about.
There are some easy things you can do at home to help:
1. Soak your nails in warm water daily then apply a good moisturizer (there many brands available) to your toes and nails.
2. Stop messing with your nails. Let them grow out to the end of your toes and then gently trim them
3. Make sure you are eating a balanced diet.
4. If you frequently swim in a chlorinated pool you might want to stop or go less often for a bit.
5. Take a biotin supplement.
If this doesn't clear things up in a few months you might want to have a complete exam by your doctor as there are some underlying medical conditions, like hypothyroidism, that can affect your nails.
Does this make sense to you?
I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.
Dr. Rick MD FACS