wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have a skin infection which looks like impetigo but is

Customer Question

Hello I have a skin infection which looks like impetigo but is really stubborn and will not respond to Flucloxacillin, clarythmicin or fucidin cream and will not clear up
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Doctors keep represcribing these and I really need an alternative that will work
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don’t have the money for the Skype call
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 months ago.

No problem. We can chat here.

If it is not responding to those medications then it is very unlikely to be impetigo.

So. What should you do?

Consult with a dermatologist (or if you already have then go to a different one) and have her do a full thickness biopsy of a couple of the lesions.

Once the pathologist examines the samples under the microscope and, perhaps, does some specialized testing, you should have a much better idea of what the problem is and how best to get it under control.

Unfortunately, you probably will have to pay privately for this sort of exam :(

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is a picture I was hoping to get treatment fast and get it cleared up I have used Flucloxacillin and fucidin before so not may be resistant to those particular antibiotics could you recommend an alternative to those?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 months ago.

The image is not in focus.

But, the good news?

That inflamed area will be very easy to biopsy.....

Then you will get the treatment you need.

I would not recommend trying antibiotics anymore......they are not working.

Perhaps it is due to a virus or something else.

Hence, the need for a full thickness biopsy.

This will not be a quick and easy fix given what you have already tried.....

Make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS