Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

I have a very irritating rash between my buttocks. It's

I have a very irritating rash between my buttocks. It's particularly bad at the top. It has bothered me off and on for a long time, but more recently has become more permanent. The surface of the skin can become very rough and dry and can be very sensitive to touch and can be very itchy, especially at night.
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Do you notice any redness or scaling?
Customer: Some months now, off and on, and yes, it's very red and is scaling at the worst affected area.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I do have, chronic kidney disease, and although it generally doesn't cause me any real issues, I did have a urinary tract infection just over a month aged, which was treated with Trimotheprim antibiotics, which, did bring it under control after three or four days and does now seem to be clear.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Photo, today

Got it--hold on please

Have you tried anything to treat that?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
No. I didn't want to risk making it worse.

It looks fungal to me--a little akin to jock itch in men

You can try over the counter clotrimazole cream or another type of antifungal cream twice a day for two weeks

That should clear it up, but, if not, you'd need either prescription ketoconazole cream or oral Diflucan from your doctor

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Thank you. I'll try an antifungal cream meantime. If that doesn't work I'll consult my GP.

My pleasure and call on me anytime

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you