DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I have an unusual mole being taken out urgent after having a

I have an unusual mole being taken out urgent after having a photo test. This is booked for next week. Now last two weeks - there is an increasing burning sensation behind my the same knee that comes and goes. Sensitive to touch when there. Frequency of it increasing. Can it be related ? Don't know what to do
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: Yes but not pain , pain . It's been coming and going - more noticeable last two weeks . Veins slightly more apparent on this leg at back of knee
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Okay. Can you help?

We can continue our conversation now through text in this reply forum.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Associated lower back pain?

History of Diabetes?

Do you have swelling, redness, warm to touch on the mole excision site?

Are you taking any medications?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Okay - what does that mean? Will I get a phone call st work?
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Or can I talk on line?

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

Please provide additional information.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Okay. What information do u need?

What is your age?

Associated lower back pain?

History of Diabetes, Hypertension?

Are you taking any medications?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Age 42, mole at back of calf, not been removed yet - removal next week, taking microgynon 30 pill only, no lower back pain, no diabetics , not red to touch area on leg
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
No hypertension, 42 year old female
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Really worried because it's there every day - more on and off. I feel it could be related - could be cancer from mole spreading - if this is so - I don't know what it means - if lymph nodes or nerves or tissue? Is it still curable ? Or could it be completely not related to mole? Don't know what to do or who to see. Feel gps may not know - my appointment next Wednesday for removal - could ask them - getting more noticeable and if nasty - really worried it could spread more whilst waiting

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, your symptoms are associated with Lumbar radiculopathy((the compression of lumbar nerves or sacral nerves)results in intermittent burning, pain, numbness and tingling sensation in the leg at certain positions.

It is not related to your mole.

And you should take OTC Motrin.
Do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment on the whole leg and apply warm compresses.

You should do gentle leg stretching.

Consider physical therapy.

If your veins are getting very prominent with pain, swelling, tenderness then see a doctor in an emergency room to rule out Deep vein thrombosis. Currently, it seems less likely.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I hope you are right and if so, thank you so much for doing this service this time of night. I am a working single parent with a 9 year old and a mortage on a house that I have always been independently buying. Thank you.

Thanks for the follow-up.

I understand your concern and appreciate your efforts.

Try such measures.

And If your symptoms will persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

I wish for your good health.
Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars if you are satisfied with our conversation.
We can continue our conversation even after you provide a rating.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Not sure were the five stars are to click?
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Found it - will do it now . Thank you

Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil