dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have a lot of hair loss I’ve been told that I might have

I have a lot of hair loss I’ve been told that I might have female pattern baldness and also been told that I have telegan effluvium I have had this problem for 3 years now and need to know what’s causing this I’m a type 2 diabetic and I have low thyroid and I had this problem way before I had thyroid also have high cholesterol and eczema and asthma and depression and androstenedione and free androgen index and high blood pressure and non alcoholic liver disorder so I don’t know what to do
Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Ok
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My mum had breast and womb cancer and also a diabetic it runs in both my mums and dads family angina runs in my dads family
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Hello. I am a Board Certified Dermatologist.

Maybe you can give the results of the various hormone studies. That would be helpful.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I’m losing a lot of scalp hair

Hello. I did try to call but evidently the call did not go through. One thing I find curious is that you say the androstenedione and androgen index are elevated. If these are elevated, there would be a prima facie ( as the lawyers say) for androgenetic pattern hair loss. The solution would be Spironolactone 100 mg. in the morning. If you are post-menopausal, I would recommend Propecia at 4 mg. a day. Extra-strength Romaine.

Would you be able to send me a photograph?