Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

I have a rash on my neck.. it comes quiet bad and then goes

Hi, I have a rash on my neck.. it comes quiet bad and then goes down but never properly heals. I was prescribed a steroid cream by my doctor but I find that every time I itch my neck or face now It feels as thin as a sheet of paper. Any ideas what could be causing this or if there’s anything you’d recommend taking?
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: I’ve suffered from Eczema from a child but it only affects my neck and face recently. I’d say it’s been affecting my neck and face for the past couple years
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nope

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I hope this helps

Got them--hold on please

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I’d rather talk over chat as i’m currently working thanks

That looks fungal--probably a kind of tinea versicolor

Nothing serious and no specific trigger for it

You can try an over the counter antifungal cream like clotrimazole applied twice a day for two weeks

That should clear it up but, if not, you'll need either prescription ketoconazole cream or oral Diflucan from your doctor

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can this over the counter antifungal cream be purchased from boots or retailers?

Yes it can

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you