dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have an itch for at least 8 years mostly problematic in

I have an itch for at least 8 years mostly problematic in sweaty areas, under thd armpits snd groin.
JA: When did the itchiness first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: Suddenly, just seemed to appear. I was referred to outpatient dermatology, saw a doctor around 4 times, was given various creams, including anti steroidal anti bacterial and anti fungal. I had a biopsy which didnt show anything. No longer seeing anyone. I have had raisex ferriton levels recently i stopped dtinking and they have returned to normal. Liver function tesg is ok. So dont think its to do woth my liver. Im absolutely demented with the itch. Nothing works. Ive started rubbing coco nut oil and tee tree into the worst ares particularly under the arms and groin. Also my lower back. Doesnt seem to be working. Have you any thoughts or advise, i would be most grateful
JA: When was your last dermatologist visit?
Customer: About two years ago
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I dont think so. I was othrwise healthy

Hello. Is there a rash in these areas which would show up in a picture?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No.

Thank you for your response.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just small bumps. Also if I scratch I break the skin sometimes

I am a Board Certified Dermatologist

This sounds like a clothing dermatitis.

I would recommend:

Avoid deodorants

Avoid fabric softeners, bleach and switch to All Free and Clear or Tide Free and Gentle

Avoid clothing colored blue or yellow. Some people are allergic to the dye that colors some clothing.

You may have developed an allergy to an ingredient in some of the products you are using.

I would only use Hydrocortisone ointment 1% for the itching which is over the counter. I realize ointments are a bit sticky but Hydrocortisone ointment has less ingredients to which you might be allergic than the cream.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. I will do. Thank you for your help.

You are very welcome. Let me know how you do.