Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

Assistant: How can I help? I have suffered with red itchy

Customer Question

Hi there,
Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have suffered with red itchy blotchy skin on my face since I was around 18 years old. I was diagnosed with eczema and was given no further advice. I was using steroid creams (such as betnovate on my face for over one year) as it was that bad and this cleared it up. However I realised this was making it was and it was as if my skin was withdrawing from no steroid use so I have stopped them completely. It is now 3-4 months since I last used one. I have a vigorous regime for skin care on my face, but it continues to be red blotchy tight and sore. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. I'm only 24 and my self confidence has got so bad to the point I won't even let my partner of 4 years see me without make up on.
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: Since I was 18, so 6 years
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No I don't have any medical history.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If you can't find someone I would expect a refund on the money I've just paid?
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 2 months ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question.

Skin conditions are always best diagnosed and treated after seeing them directly. May I request you to upload some images of the skin lesion, so that I can see and guide you better please.

You may see a phone call request, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here please.

I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have just now come online. I am here to help you now. I am currently reviewing your question and I will be back shortly.

Can you upload an image please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did the images send?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
A further image

Just got them

Please hold on.

Hello... thank you for getting back with the images.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the images I feel that the possibility is eczema.

Eczema is a skin condition that makes your skin itchy and flaky. We do not know what causes it. Eczema often happens in people who have allergies. It can also run in families. Another term for eczema is atopic dermatitis.

The symptoms of eczema can include - Intense itching, regards, small bumps, skin that flakes off or forms scales.

Use unscented thick moisturizing creams and ointments to keep the skin from getting too dry. Also, try to avoid things like - Being too hot or sweating too much, being in very dry air, stress or worry, sudden temperature changes, harsh soaps or cleaning products, perfumes, wool or synthetic fabrics (like polyester).

Treatment modalities include moisturizing lotions, steroid creams, immunomodulatory drugs, antihistamines and phototherapy.

I suggest -

1. Tablet Hydroxizine 25mg at 12am/6am/12pm/6pm (Non OTC)

2. Syrup Benadryl (12.5mg/5ml) 10ml at 3am/9am/3pm/9pm (OTC)

3. Topical emollients and lotions will help.

4. Do not apply Calamine lotion as sometimes it may aggravate the situation please.

5. If this not showing effect in 48 hours you can apply 1% Hydrocortisone cream twice a day for 7 days and the once daily in the morning for another 7 days and then stop it please.

But I suggest you discuss the above mentioned treatment options with your primary care physician or dermatologist please.

I am here to help you and further clarify if you want.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please?

If I have attended your query to your satisfaction please do remember to rate our interaction with a 5 star rating so that I can get my professional credit.

This is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and effort.

Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani