Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I have small skin coloured bumps all over my chin and above

Customer Question

I have small skin coloured bumps all over my chin and above my lip
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are the bumps painful?
Customer: Since Thursday evening/Friday morning
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no not painful
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 14 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question.

Skin conditions are always best diagnosed and treated after seeing them directly. May I request you to upload some images of the skin lesion, so that I can see and guide you better please.

You may see a phone call request, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here please.

I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It’s really difficult to see on my phone camera but I have lots of little skin coloured bumps all over my chin area and above my lip and around my nose a little bit

Hello...thank you for getting back with the requested necessary image for my better understanding.

This looks like a severe form of acne called - Acne.

Acne is the medical term for pimples. Pimples happen when pores get clogged with dead skin and oil, and bacteria build up. Then the skin gets inflamed and can turn red or swell.

You will need prescription medications from a dermatologist.

This is what you can do before you get an appointment -

●Wash your face no more than twice a day. Use warm – not hot – water, and do not use harsh soaps. Instead, use a gentle non-soap facial skin cleanser. Do not scrub your face, because that can make acne worse and damage the skin.

●Do not pick or squeeze pimples. This can make acne worse and damage the skin. Plus it can lead to infections.

●Avoid oil-based make-up and skin products. They can make acne worse. If you use a moisturizer for your face, a moisturizer labeled as "non-comedogenic" is often best.

At the dermatologist the treatment options would be -

1. Medicines you put directly on your skin – These can be gels, creams, or lotions. There are different types.

Retinoids – These are medicines that help keep your pores unclogged like tretinoin, Adapalene, Tazarotene. One form of adapalene gel can also be bought without a prescription. Retinoids can also help improve dark spots on the skin caused by acne.

Salicylic acid and glycolic acid – These help remove dead layers of skin. They can reduce acne by helping to unclog pores.

Antibiotics – Antibiotics reduce acne by killing the bacteria inside pimples. They also help bring down inflammation. These are Doxycycline, Clindamycin, Erythromycin, Dapsone.

Another medicine that can kill bacteria, Benzoyl peroxide, is available without a prescription.

2. Medicines you take as a pill

Antibiotics – Antibiotic pills work for the same reasons antibiotic gels or lotions work. But they tend to be stronger.

Isotretinoin pills – Isotretinoin is a retinoid that comes in pill form. It is very effective against severe acne.

The other possibility is atopic dermatitis.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 10 days ago.

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please?

If I have attended your query to your satisfaction please do remember to rate our interaction with a 5 star rating so that I can get my professional credit.

This is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and effort.

Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani