Precious Osula
Precious Osula,
Experience:  GP at NHS/Private
106915327

I have rashes around my body, dotted around where my sports

Hello! I have rashes around my body, dotted around where my sports bras sit, around (but not on) my underarms, my stomach, lower back, and hip bones. I would describe them as patches of welts theyre usually itchy at night time, not sure why. I have had sun rashes in the past, but only once in humid weather so I don't know what the cause for this is.
JA: The Dermatologist can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. When did the rashes first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: Around a month ago. I have used Elica gel (mometasone anti inflammatory and anti puritic), E45 itch relief, Eucerin intensive lotion 10% w/w cutaneous emulsion with urea, and bio oil dry skin gel. All have helped a little but short term only.
JA: Have you seen a dermatologist about the rashes?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hello I'm Dr Osula

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

What topical can you recommend for this?

Do your rashes come and go? And if possible do you have any pics of what it looks like?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Yes this started out last month. I try not to scratch but I wake up to myself scratching in the middle of the night
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Here are images of under my arms
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The ones on my back are just small bumps.

Ok, the rashes do not stand out in particular, meaning there could be any number of causes for this

From allergy to a skin reaction like urticaria or something, or deficiency

scabies is unlikely if the rashes come and go

You'll benefit from antihistamine like Cetrizine 10mg once daily to try supress the iching internally and any urea-based cream such as Balneum plus or hydromol

I'll advise blood test such as iron, thyroid function test to make sure its not blood or hormone disorder causing your symptoms

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Alright, thank you very much. Would you recommend me continuing to use my mometasone topical? or should I stop this?

I dont think steroid cream it would work for this scenario as its not inflammatory though it can relieve itching as well, calamine lotion can provide relief also