Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

I have a small raised bump under the skin over the left

I have a small raised bump under the skin over the left facial cheek bone. I have had it for about 3 weeks. It feels hard, has not bled or weeps any pus. It doesn’t hurt me. It appears red with one/ two white dots in the centre. I had 3 excellent close up images taken of it by a friend today. I am worried in case it’s malignant.
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the skin issue better or worse?
Customer: 3 weeks. I was hoping it was a bacterial infection and so tried treating it with Fucidin cream by it didn’t respond.It hasn’t grown bigger or noticeably changed
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Please post your pictures for me on this page

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I Have attached three photos but when I pressed the send button it won’t send them for some reason

Got them--hold on please

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok

I can only go by the pictures of course

But it looks like an acanthotic nevus--a totally benign keratin buildup nodule and not any kind of skin cancer

That isn't anything worrisome and it can be gotten rid of with liquid nitrogen freezing by a dermatologist

But since I can't examine you I'm professionally and ethically obligated to suggest you have a dermatologist evaluate it

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you Dr Chips. Hopefully I will stop worrying now and sleep better tonight. I have a NHS dermatologist appointment for 26th but was thinking if it was a cancer I needed to be seen earlier.

The 26th is fine

Please remember to rate my service to you so I can get credit for my time

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
That’s good you say it’s ok. Thank you. I will definitely do that for you. All the best, David

My pleasure David

I'm here if you ever need me again

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
That’s great and very reassuring to know. Thank you very much Dr Chips.
All the very best, David

Same to you David

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Early this morning I had a consultation with Dr chips. I’m very satisfied with the way that went. I understood that for the first seven days I would be charged £5. We didn’t actually have a telephone conversation although at one point I may have accidentally pressed the button to say that I wanted one the reply that came back was that he wasn’t available for that. So we didn’t actually have atelephone conversation. I just want to confirm that I’m not being charged for a telephone conversation that we didn’t have. I would appreciate your reply on this matter. Kind regards David Myers

I'll take care of that David

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you very much indeed Dr chips. I very much appreciate that. Bless you. David
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Dr Chip

Same to you David